The Importance of Fellowship

 

About two weeks ago I met the pastor of a church that is down the street from where I live. We talked a bit and he invited me to attend his Sunday service. Turns out I could not make it, but I ran into him again when I was walking my dog today. His church is of the denomination, Church of God in Christ.

I am not officially a member of any church. I started The Promise Online Baptist Church website in November 2018 with the intent of creating an Online Church.  I just started back working on it and I'm fired up.  Back then I was visiting Good Shepard Baptist in the North Churchill section of Richmond. If you don't have a church home, it's important to fellowship with a church or visit a few churches to get an idea of how they conduct their services and to evaluate the Pastor of the church.

Although The Promise is an online church, I want it's visitors to check out other brick and mortar churches. If they give feedback it can be helpful for my website.

I John 1:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.

This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. - KJV - Bible Gateway


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Worship Him no matter the circumstance

Kirk Franklin - Brokenhearted (Reprise)

Welcome to The Promise Online Baptist Church