Battling Depression



The holiday season brings anxiety to some people. They may not have loved ones. I define depression as being sad / down for a prolonged amount of time. Some may take medication for it, but how can a pill alter your state of mind?

When I was depressed for a long time I would sleep the entire day almost.  I did not have that "Zest" for life.  I was upset about my legal situation and I did not have a regular job. These contributed to my depression. Also I was upset that i left a good job in Washington DC.

You have to have someone or something to live for. Me starting my own company is finally what got me out of my state of depression.  When I was depressed a Christian friend told me to read the book of Psalms.

Psalm 143: 7-8 Answer me quickly, Lord; my spirit fails. Do not hide your face from me, or I will be like those who go down to the pit. Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you.  Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Worship Him no matter the circumstance

Kirk Franklin - Brokenhearted (Reprise)

Keep on Keeping on